Cell phone jammers are often used in government agencies and offices to create privacy and the impossibility of leaking important information. They began to be used in educational institutions so students could not cheat on exams. Increasingly, the installation of jammers began to be discussed in Russian schools. They are placed in cultural and religious institutions to maintain order and silence. They are appropriate in places of deprivation of liberty so that suspects and convicts cannot pressure victims or witnesses and exchange information.
Cell phone jammers create “white noise” in which the signal dissolves. The goal is achieved only in those cases when the device operates on the same frequency as the communication channel that needs to be blocked. Thus, a powerful radio signal is supplied. Many are afraid, thinking about whether it can harm health.
There are sad reports on the forums and sometimes in the media. Allegedly, due to cellular jammers, people have serious health problems. Presumably, due to electromagnetic radiation, the risks of the following diseases can increase:
- malignant tumours;
- changes in the composition of the blood;
- dizziness and loss of consciousness;
- dysfunction of pacemakers.
However, most cases are subjective sensations not confirmed by doctors. The World Health Organization has no real data on the dangers of frequency jammers.
The researchers argue that those who installed a jammer to suppress the signal receive no more radiation than those devices against which the blocker works. After all, it tunes to the same frequencies.
The safety of the technology is guaranteed only for certified products. It is worth ensuring you have a quality certificate and other related documentation. Regulatory authorities issue such papers based on the results of all stages of checking the muffler. Only in these cases can we talk about the effectiveness and safety of the device.
However, the use of blocking equipment must be strictly within the law. Sometimes criminals jam the GSM alarm and other systems in a certain area. For hooligan purposes, mobile communications or FM waves are blocked. Unauthorized use violates the constitutional rights to exchange information and freedom of communication. After purchasing the device, it must be registered with Roskomnadzor. This procedure does not take much time and does not cause problems for both commercial and private use.
Scope of application
Manufacturers offer a huge selection of devices: stationary, portable, automotive, and covers. They all have a different impact frequency: on the mobile network, the Internet, satellite navigation or GPS. Some are mains powered; others are battery-powered. The choice of device depends on where and for what purposes it will be used.
Most often, signal blockers are used in such cases:
- taxi drivers, freight forwarders and drivers to make it impossible to establish their location;
- in educational institutions during exams, so that students use phones and other gadgets to cheat;
- in state institutions where the safety of information from its unauthorized receipt is important;
- in executive offices, and banks, where it is important to ensure confidentiality for the company and customers;
- in museums, theatres, places of worship where silence is important;
- in offices so that employees are not distracted by extraneous activities;
- A pre-trial detention centre limits the communication of the suspect, who can put pressure on witnesses, and victims and exchange information with accomplices.
- The equipment has a different range, which depends on the power. There are modifications to the directed action.
Pros and cons
Signal blockers are in high demand, which is due to their undeniable advantages. Among them:
- the ability to protect yourself and others from surveillance and information leakage;
- cope with complex spy equipment with a single device;
- choose a model for various purposes: indoor or outdoor use, transport;
- compact devices can be carried with you;
- ease of use;
- autonomy – there are options for batteries.